OsmAnd(Navigation) Voice Directions Set up
OsmAnd and defaults to text-to-speech (TTS) directions. BoringPhone does not support this because it requires Google services.
However, OsmAnd does have pre-recorded voice commands that will give directions. Follow these instructions to enable it:
- Open OsmAnd press the menu button on the bottom left:
- Press ‘Download Maps’:
- Scroll down and choose ‘Voice prompts (recorded, limited features)’:
- Choose your preferred language and press the download button next to it:
- Go back to the main menu,scroll down and select settings:
- Select ‘Navigation Settings’:
- Then select ‘Driving’:
- Select ‘Voice Guidance’:
- Select the language that you downloaded (It should be the one without TTS in the name):
That’s it! You should now get turn directions, etc when navigating. Because OsmAnd uses GPS for location, it will often take a moment before it recognises your current location and starts navigating.